Ultra Villa, the world’s first luxury portal for ultra-lifestyles, is expanding into exciting new sectors: UltraLodge, UltraSail, UltraSki and UltraIslands. The new-look site also now has UltraBoutique and UltraResort categories, which will showcase true gems of hotels and resorts that should be on every luxury lover’s radar.
Ultra Lodge shines the spotlight on the world’s most prestigious lodges, making it even easier to walk on the wild side. This section will be populated by specialists offering safaris, wilderness experiences, extreme landscapes, and sporting and hiking centres have all been carefully vetted with the same rigorous approach to quality that helped establish UltraVilla as the ‘little black book’ of luxury villa rental experts.
Ultra Sail is poised to deliver access to small, niche operators in the yacht world, as well as ocean and river cruises. UltraIslands will showcase a remarkable collection of private islands or islands that house just one resort – for those who truly want to get away from it all, either with friends and family or for their own ‘Robinson Crusoe’ castaway experience à deux.
UltraVilla’s selection of experts dealing in the most extravagant chalets and ski apartments will now be housed in its own section, UltraSki, with many more joining soon, ensuring this will be a true global showcase of the very best. The brand new sections will be populated in the coming months so watch this space! The redesigned website is also even easier to navigate, and now includes a ‘New’ section to highlight the latest members to be welcomed into the UltraVilla family. Having passed the stringent vetting process, this month sees six new experts add their portfolios to the directory:
- In Villas Veritas – Laura Blair brings her appreciation of elegance and the very best to the Turks and Caicos. Her offerings in Punta Mita range from contemporary and luxurious sea and golf view haciendas to exquisite beachfront estates.
- Pamela Murdock – A long time lover of the Bahamas, Pamela represents a wonderful range of properties on charming Harbour Island from classic Bahamian cottages to beach houses -including an ultra cool contemporary masterpiece. She shares her insider tips with clients, such as when is the best time to get a table for lunch at Sip Sip, who sells the tastiest jalepeño cheese bread, where the best deserted island is to have a picnic and where to find the best barbeque (Hint: There’s no sign. Follow the delicious smell to the house with Christmas lights on Dunmore Street).
- Amara Myanmar – Originally founded by a member of the Burmese aristocracy to host European philanthropists who were supporting her foundation post Cyclone Nargis, a share of profits go to the Amara Foundation. Amara’s own unique offerings are:
* The two teak river boats, Amara I and II have only 5 and 7 cabins respectively, and a divine crew. Forget anything else claiming to the best on the Irrawaddy – this is the only way to travel in luxury and privacy, taking in Bagan and Mandalay, and the joys of rural riverine Myanmar on the way.
* The Amara Ocean resort. Three kilometres of perfect private tropical beach in this 25 teak bungalow resort set in the palm groves, on the soft, sandy coastline of Northern Ngapali. Enjoy spas, excursions to local markets and pagodas, and night-time fishing.
* The Amara Mountain Resort. It really is ‘Tales from the Raj’ in this 10-bedroom lodge in the foothills of the Himalayas, as you play golf, trek gentle paths, meet the colourful local tribes and snuggle by the fire on crisp mountain nights.
- Isola Santa Cristina – Exclusive to UltraVilla member Siglinde Fischer/Charming Places and a brand new property to the market, Isola Santa Cristina is a private island situated in the Venetian Lagoon. Arrive by the owner’s private launch to be met by peacocks strutting on the lawn in front of the villa; enjoy your own private nature reserve on this historical island estate, complete with apricot orchard and vineyard.
Two new members COMING SOON:
- Schloss Kogl in Salzburg – A picture perfect, fully-staffed castle on Lake Woerthersee with a backdrop of the Alps, and the magical town of Salzburg a stone’s throw away – the perfect base for a cultural stay during the summer Festspielen or January Mozarteum music festivals, or just to soak up Austrian culture and culinary glories, to follow the Sound of Music trail, or enjoy the plentiful sports and hiking opportunities of the lake and mountains.
- Also look out for Excellence Villas, a great new Italian specialist.
UltraVilla began as an invitation-only consortium for the world’s leading independent specialist villa experts (limited to the top 5% in their fields) established to provide a hallmark of excellence in that sector. Now encompassing the best of the best in elite travel experiences, it offers a trusted directory, not a booking engine, for high-end travellers and travel agents to the world’s top holiday rental experts working with the most exclusive villas, private houses, lodges, chalets, private yachts, private islands, boutique hotels and apartments. UltraVilla was founded by industry leaders Ileana von Hirsch of Five Star Greece, Andrew Loyd of Loyd Townsend Rose and Marina Gratsos of Carpe Diem Luxury Travel.